The Moto E5 Plus, which was announced back in April this year along with the rest of the E5 and Moto G6 series smartphones, was finally launched in India today. Motorola is pitting the E5 Plus against popular budget Android smartphones like the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 in the country. Does it have what it takes to take the Redmi Note 5 and other rivals head-on? Let’s take a look at the five strongest features of the new Motorola handset.
Moto E5 Plus: Top 5 Features
- 5000mAh Battery With Fast Charging: The most important feature of the Moto E5 Plus is its large 5000mAh capacity battery. Motorola claims the smartphone can deliver up to full day-and-a-half of usage on a single charge. The non-removable battery on the Moto E5 Plus includes fast charging support as well and the handset is bundled with a 10W rapid charger in the box. According to the company, users can expect to gain 6 hours of usage from just 15 minutes of charging.
- Large 6” Max Vision Display: Similar to the Moto G6 and Moto G6 Play, the Moto E5 Plus sports a ‘bezel-less’ Max Vision IPS display. However, the display size is actually bigger than both the Moto G6 series smartphones at 6.0-inches. The panel offers 720 x 1440 HD+ resolution with an 18:9 aspect ratio. It is protected by a layer of Corning Gorilla Glass on top.
- Dedicated MicroSD Card Slot: The Moto E5 Plus, unlike some of its rivals, comes with a dedicated microSD card slot for further expansion up to 256GB. Thanks to the dedicated microSD card slot, users will not have to choose between a second SIM card and a microSD card to expand the storage further.
- Water-Repellent Coating: The Moto E5 Plus comes with a water-repellent coating from P2i, protecting the smartphone from accidental spills and splashes. However, do note that the device is not water-resistant, so you will not be able to take it along with you for a swim.
- 12MP Rear Camera With 1.25um Pixels: The Moto E5 Plus features a 12MP camera on the back with 1.25um pixel size, phase detection autofocus, laser autofocus, and Full HD video recording at 30 fps. Moto E5 Plus also offers a manual mode for greater control over various camera setting.
Moto E5 Plus: Other Specifications
The Moto E5 Plus runs on an octa-core Snapdragon 430 processor clocked at 1.4 GHz with an Adreno 505 GPU. In the memory department, it includes 3GB of RAM and 32GB of onboard storage. For selfies, the variant launched in India comes with a 5MP snapper with a Selfie Flash. Connectivity features include Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, and 4G VoLTE. The smartphone also comes with a front-ported speaker, dual microphones, and a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor. In terms of software, the Moto E5 Plus will ship with the Android 8.0 Oreo operating system out of the box.
Moto E5 Plus: Price in India, Launch Offers
The Moto E5 Plus has been priced at Rs.11,999 in India and will be sold online exclusively via Amazon.in starting midnight today. It will also be available at Moto Hub stores across the country in Fine Gold and Black color options. From July 11th to July 12th, customers purchasing the Moto E5 Plus on Amazon.in using SBI credit cards will be able get an instant discount of Rs.800. Amazon.in will also offer extra Rs.1,000 off on exchange till the 12th of July. Jio subscribers purchasing a new Moto E5 Plus will be able to avail data benefits of up to 130 GB. If you purchase the Moto E5 Plus at a Moto Hub near you, you can get Rs.1,200 cashback on bill payments and recharges when you purchase using the Paytm Mall app.